Board Members Present: Rick Clum, Tom Simonelli, Ron Amadio, Vinny Rice, Bill Kinnick, Jerry Brainard, Rich Hrycyshyn. Absent: Mike Gray, Beth McGinn, Lilian Reynolds
Treasurer’s Report: Copies distributed to members. Motion to accept made by Tom Ferretti, seconded by Carolyn Fritz, and passed.
Secretary’s Report: Copies distributed to members. Correction to the minutes from the floor on the President’s report item 2 should read "As equity firms continue to purchase manufactured housing communities, they are attempting to buy everything they can since they show a high rate of return for their investors." Motion to accept made by Rich Hrycyshyn, seconded by Rick Clum and passed.
Fund-Raising: Ron: 1. DOMORE 24 - 6pm on March 2nd to 6pm on March 3rd. To qualify for the bonuses, it's important to make several small donations vs 1 larger one. Details to be emailed.
2. Amazon Smiles will no longer exist by end of February. Amazon is electing to spend that money in other charitable areas.
3. American Flags are still available, selling for $15.00.
4. Investigating venues for dining donations similar to the success we had at Texas Roadhouse. Typically we would receive 20% of the check.
1. Grant in Aid Application submitted and received.
2. Sussex County Application submitted.
3. Do More 24 signed up.
4. State bond organization being worked on.
DEMHRA - Rich:
1. Office continues to receive and approve rent increases based on SB317.
2. Office sent out 175 required landowner info packs, 110 were returned to date.
3. Delinquent landowner payments referred to Legal after 2nd quarter of non-payment.
4. Several parks are still for sale but no info received indicating a sale has occurred.
5. CPI-U for December was 6.499% under SB317 rent increases will be 6.75%.
6. Relocation trust fund as of 12/31 is $12,238,176.
Next meeting is March 2nd at 1:30pm but there will still be no Zoom.
Webmaster: Tom is filling in temporarily. Web page being updated. The calendar of DMHOA meetings is under the Events tab. Hoping to have most of the work done within the next 30-60 days.
Communications: Vacant – no report.
News Media Liaison: Vacant – no report.
Newsletter Editor: Vacant – no report.
Legislation/DOJ: Bill: Manufactured housing is no longer separate in the House but is now part of Housing.
DMHOA leadership continues to meet with legislators and the DOJ to improve SB317 and other legislation that was previously tabled. Example of this is HB176 which deals with the landowner having responsibility for the entire tree on their land – limbs, trunk, roots, etc. Other legislation being worked on deals with “Bad Landowners”, escrow accounts for rent when items needing repairs are ignored. Modifying “Final Notice” language in SB317. Communities that have both homeowner manufactured housing along with campers and RVs present new challenges.
Vice President: No report as position is still vacant
1. Need for volunteers to fill open positions. Job descriptions were part of the meeting package.
2. Rick and Bill continue to work on scaling down the current DMHOA training materials for training real estate agents. The DOJ would like to see mandatory training for community managers.
Old Business: “Know Your Rights” 5-hour Saturday training sessions are being scheduled. Website will have more information and registration as the dates are firmed up.
New Business: DMHOA officer elections:
For President, Henry (Rick) Clum as a sole candidate. For Secretary/Treasurer, Tom Simonelli as sole candidate. In both instances there were no other nominations. Membership unanimously approved.
This means: We need your help!! 2023 is going to be Rick & Bill’s last year. They will continue to advise but we need new blood to replace them sooner rather than later so individuals will have time to travel with them, meet the legislators and learn the ropes.
ADJOURNMENT: 7:45 pm motion made by Bill Kinnick, seconded by Carolyn Fritz & passed.